Liaoning Shihua University (LSHU) is located in Fushun, overlooking the scenic banks of the Hunhe River. It enjoys a beautiful campus environment. LSHU was originally founded in Dalian in 1950 as the first petroleum school of New China. In 1953 the school was relocated to Fushun and in 1958 it was upgraded to Fushun Petroleum Institute. In February 2000 its leadership was transferred to the People’s Government of Liaoning Province, in light of the management system of “simultaneous construction by central and local governments, with the local government playing a more prominent role”.